We offer an annual college scholarship for eligible students. This scholarship, worth $500 per semester for up to 10 semesters, is awarded to one qualifying student every year. To qualify:
- Applicant must be the child of a disabled parent or a disabled child themselves.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree to help people with disabilities (medical, therapy, social services, special education and/or mental health fields).
- Applicant must be a full-time student.
- Musts be an In-State College, Vocational Technical Program or an institution that does not charge Out-of-State tuition to Missouri residents.
- Applicant must maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
- Applicant must reside in one of the five counties we serve: Bates, Cedar, Hickory, St. Clair and Vernon
- Applicant must begin college between the ages of 18-25.
A written essay must be submitted with the scholarship packet. Please download our scholarship application packet.
Individualized Education Program (IEP) and 504 assistance
Our Youth Transition Specialist can provide parents of children with disabilities with resources to help them understand the IEP process, from eligibility and selection all the way into post-graduation and transition into adulthood. Our Youth Transition specialist can even attend IEP meetings and work with the district to help ensure the child is receiving the support they need to be independent and empowered in the classroom.