DMH Independent Living Services
DMH Independent Living Services are available to individuals with developmental disabilities. Participants will work with a DMH Specialist to achieve their goals.
- Our DMH Specialist will assist and teach participation in community activities so clients may feel more comfortable in social settings.
- May include: Volunteering, Social Events/Clubs, Recreational & Spiritual Activities.
Individual Skills Devopment
- Delivered in a personalized manner or a group setting to support individuals who live in their own or families home.
- Clients acquire, build, maintain complex skills necessary to maximize personal independence.
- Our DMH Specialist will assist clients in obtaining skills to become more independent.
- Independent Living Skills include: proper hygiene, organizational skills, cooking skills, cleaning skills, shopping, banking, budgeting, using public transportation, going to the Post Office, assist with educational skills, and other skills that may be included in the client’s Individual Support Plan.
Personal Assistant Group
- Clients will participate in Independent Living Skills Classes offered by On My Own, Inc. or any other agency in the community that would benefit the client.
- These classes include: Build-On Life Skills, Job Skills Training, Self-Determination, Budgeting, Cooking/Household Skills, Kitchen Tools, Gardening Group & BINGO.
- Other groups may be added and can be found on the On My Own calendar, that is available monthly and open to everyone.
- Transportation is available for all DMH service participants.
DMH Independent Living Program activities are funded by the MO Department of Mental Health